Share This On:
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Feb 12, CMC – Veteran West Indies player Deandra Dottin is now the world’s leading women’s all-rounder in the Twenty20 format.
In the latest ICC rankings released on Tuesday, the 27-year-old had overtaken her captain Stafanie Taylor for the top spot after rising one place, following her efforts on the recent tour of Pakistan.
Taylor paid the price for opting out of the three-match series in Karachi and slipped to second, and is now only narrowly ahead of South Africa’s Dane van Niekerk who rose two places to third.
Dottin was the star of the series for West Indies, averaging 79 from three innings with a top score of 90 not out in the first match.
She also claimed three wickets with her medium pace to finish as the Windies Player-of-the-Series.
The performances saw her jump two places to number three in the T20 batting rankings while remaining steady at 29th in the bowlers charts.
The Barbadian has been a fixture in the West Indies side ever since making her debut as a 16-year-old, 11 years ago, playing 117 one-dayers and 110 T20 Internationals.
Taylor, meanwhile, dropped three places in the batting rankings to fifth but is one of three West Indies players in the top 20 with opener Hayley Matthews, who missed the Pakistan series through injury, lying 19th after falling four spots.
In the bowlers rankings, leg-spinner Afy Fletcher is the highest ranked West Indies player after rising four places to 20th.
Australian fast bowler Megan Schutt tops the bowlers charts while New Zealander Suzie Bates leads the batting.
More Sports Stories
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019
- 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup qualifying draw set for December 11 December 9, 2019
- The Pitons Cup Barrier Draw December 9, 2019
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019
- SPL sets date for 2020 tournament December 6, 2019
- ARC+ first arrival makes landfall in Saint Lucia December 4, 2019
- West Indies name squads for upcoming T20Is and ODIs against India November 28, 2019
- ARC 2019 sets sail November 26, 2019