Share This On:
Bail was denied for two Dominicans when they appeared at the Magistrate’s Court on Friday to answer to the charges of possession of marijuana and possession of the drug with intent to supply.
Joseph Stephens, 58, the captain of the vessel “Flying Fish”, was charged with failing to stop, possession of marijuana and possession of the drug with intent to supply.
Meanwhile, Median Defoe, 33, who was a passenger on the boat, was charged with possession of the drug and intent to supply.
Both men were remanded until June 17, 2015 when they are due to make another appearance in court.
The men were nabbed on Wednesday, May 29 with marijuana weighing 60 pounds by St. Lucia Marine Police during a high-speed chase off the coast of Canaries.
More Crime/Police Stories
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020
- Police sensitivity training course ends February 20, 2020
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020
- Saint Lucia police receive training in report writing February 17, 2020
- IGY Rodney Bay Marina and RSLPF join forces on yachting security February 7, 2020
- Hoodlums attack school caretaker in Castries February 3, 2020
- Government hosts consultations on domestic violence bill January 31, 2020
- NYC calls for proactive measures for youth in face of crime January 30, 2020
- Government continues national crime fighting strategy January 29, 2020