Dominica: Government assures revellers about TB spread

By Jamaica Star

 Share This On:

(JAMAICA STAR) – Health authorities have sought to allay fears that there could be a further increase in tuberculosis (TB) cases in Dominica during the Carnival celebrations that end on Tuesday.

This after Health Minister Dr Irvine McIntyre confirmed that there had been a spike in cases so far this year.

Chief Medical officer, Dr David Johnson said that carnival activities on the weekend posed no threat to revellers and the disease was not new to the island.

McIntrye said that 12 cases of the disease had been recorded so far this year, with six other suspected cases.

This article was posted in its entirety as received by stlucianewsonline.com. This media house does not correct any spelling or grammatical error within press releases and commentaries. The views expressed therein are not necessarily those of stlucianewsonline.com, its sponsors or advertisers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

For security, use of Google's reCAPTCHA service is required which is subject to the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

I agree to these terms.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.