Share This On:
(SNO) – Tourism Minister, Dominic Fedee, has announced that based on preliminary figures, Saint Lucia has broken its record in stay over arrivals in 2019.
According to him, the figures show that the island recorded over 400,000 in stay over arrivals.
“For the first time in the history of recording tourism statistics in our country, we have recorded over 400,000 stay over arrivals,” he said. “So coming in at 422,600 plus visitors, it means that this would have been the best year that we have had in the history of recording Saint Lucia’s statistics.”
He congratulated all the industry workers, who he described as “outstanding,” for playing their part in breaking the record, both in the private and public sector.
“All the people who have toiled assiduously to ensure that Saint Lucia remains at the top of the tourism destinations in the Caribbean,” he said. “This came in as a 7.1 percent growth so far.”
Fedee said the trajectory for tourism continues “to be quite high and continues to be quite powerful.”
The tourism minister called on all Saint Lucians to participate in the tourism sector and benefit from concessions by government.
“You don’t have to be a big hotel to benefit from the concessions,” he said. “Once you have six rooms or more, the present legislation allows you to apply and get access to the concessions for construction of a tourism facility whether it’s a restaurant, whether it’s a tour business that you would like to do or small bed and breakfast, the opportunity exists for everyone to do it.”
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM