Share This On:
The Dominica Labour Party (DLP) has been swept into power again in general election in Dominica on Friday.
Led by Roosevelt Skerrit, the party got 18 seats in the 21-seat parliament, preliminary results show.
This is the third consecutive time the party has won general election under the leadership of Skerrit.
He led the DLP to power in 2009, 2014 and now 2019.
The result is a crushing blow to the opposition United Workers Part (UWP) which received three seats.
Skerrit is expected to address Dominica at 9:00 pm.
- Alleged non-payment of salaries to NHC staff being investigated January 27, 2020 3:15 PM
- Prime Minister talks improvements in education January 27, 2020 9:37 AM
- Castries Mayor meets LGBTQ representatives January 27, 2020 9:17 AM
- Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash January 26, 2020 6:04 PM
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM