Share This On:
(SNO) – Dillon John is the fastest man in the Helen of the West – at least in the north.
The 23-year-old right arm medium pace bowler took seven wickets in nine matched for Avatar City Blasters in the 2018 edition of the Flow Saint Lucia Premier League T20 Tournament, at an average of 22.57 and with a run rate of 5.75 per over allowed.
Having made his national debut in 2014, at the age of just 19, John was adjudged the fastest bowler in the north of Saint Lucia, as the University of the West Indies (UWI) and Cricket West Indies (CWI) initiative, Pace Like Fire, got underway last Friday (Aug 17) at the Daren Sammy Cricket Ground.
The main aim and objective of this talent search is to identity the fastest and best male and female bowlers from across the region between the ages of 16 to 22. Subsequently, a selected number from across the region will be engaged in a UWI Programme towards further developing the fast bowlers.
Former West Indies test opening batsman Daren Ganga was the main point person on the Saint Lucia leg, and he was assisted by local coaches Keith Charlery, Bryan Calixte, and Alton Crafton. Following John as the fastest man in the north of Saint Lucia was Daniel Jn Baptiste. Unfortunately, actual speeds were not furnished.
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM
- Prime Minister assures former Majestic Industries workers that their request will be granted December 9, 2019 3:28 PM
- Cellma training at OKEU December 9, 2019 12:44 PM
- Jade Mountain food gets top French honors December 9, 2019 9:30 AM
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM