Share This On:
Digicel has purchased food items, toiletries and other necessities and delivered them to communities across the island.
The Digicel team personally packaged and delivered the hampers as a goodwill gesture to uplift the spirits and brighten the Christmas of over 30 less fortunate families.
The recipients of the hampers were recommended by Digicel staff members residing in the respective communities. Each staff member was asked to recommend an individual from their community whose Christmas the company could brighten.
Hampers were delivered in Babonneau, Gros Islet, Marisule, La Croix Maingot, Trois Piton, Choiseul, Anse La Raye, Micoud and Augier.
This year marks the fourth consecutive year for Digicel’s Christmas hamper distribution, valued at over $25,000.
“Digicel is always happy to give back to persons in the communities and a special joy comes when sharing with those who have supported us and stayed by our side throughout the years. Giving and sharing is who we are and what we do at Digicel; it is embedded in our DNA and we will continue to do so,” said Tessa Antoine-Valace, Digicel’s marketing communications manager.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Notice: SLASPA extended operating hours December 6, 2019
- ICAO – International Civil Aviation Day statement December 6, 2019
- Alvina Reynolds launches her first book December 5, 2019
- Closure of CSA Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Entrepreneurs well pleased about ISL’s southern meet-up December 5, 2019