Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – A sheriff’s deputy with nearly two decades of service in Florida resigned after being arrested for allegedly fondling the genitals of a deputy sheriff trainee, authorities said.
Scott Walker, 39, was arrested Friday on charges of sexual battery and false imprisonment after meeting the victim Wednesday in Lakeland to help him with his training, according to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.
Walker, who was working an off-duty detail at the time, was armed when he reached under the trainee’s shorts and underwear and fondled him, setting off a bizarre and frightening series of events, authorities said.
“When the victim resisted, Walker pushed him against the wall, then locked the door and turned the lights off,” sheriff officials said in a news release. “The victim immediately started sending text messages to a friend pleading for help.”
Walker later allowed the man to leave after becoming concerned that he had contacted someone using his cellphone. Investigators learned of the allegations Thursday, prompting an investigation.
Walker, who had been employed by the department for 19 years, was later arrested after being interviewed by investigators. He resigned immediately, sheriff officials said.
“We hold people to a higher standard than we do the members of the community,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said in a statement. “Scott is now in jail for his illegal conduct, as he should be.”
Walker, according to an investigator’s affidavit obtained by The Ledger, told the trainee that he “owed” him oral sex after helping him learn how to write reports for the agency. The trainee initially ignored the comment, but Walker then began touching him, according to the report.
“These crimes are enhanced by the fact that Walker is employed as a deputy sheriff and Walker’s position as a training coordinator made the victim believe that he had influence and authority over his career,” the investigator wrote.
Walker initially denied the allegations, saying he had instead “tapped” the trainee’s penis on the outside of his clothing as a joke, although he later used the word “grabbed” to characterize his actions. The pair had also previously communicated on Snapchat.
Walker, during one of those conversations, said he was “just ‘messing’ around” with the trainee.
Walker, seemingly concerned about whether the chat was private, also told the trainee: “Dude, R u really by yourself.”
More International News Stories
- India builds wall along slum ahead of Trump visit February 20, 2020
- Texas-based company has reportedly created a coronavirus vaccine February 20, 2020
- Over 5,000 new cases of coronavirus confirmed in single day in China February 14, 2020
- Virus infects more than 1,700 health workers in China, 6 die February 14, 2020
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020
- UN: Congo’s ebola outbreak slows but still global emergency February 13, 2020
- Fall in new cases raises hope in virus outbreak in China February 13, 2020
- Coronavirus is a bigger threat than terrorism: World Health Organization February 12, 2020