Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Department of the Public Service hosted a series of workshops from 27 January –11 February, 2020 at the Public Service Training Institute under the theme, “The role of public officers in the Implementation of the Collective Agreements.”
The workshops were necessary in light of the Government of Saint Lucia having concluded negotiations with nine (9) public sector unions/staff associations; and signed eleven (11) collective bargaining agreements, for the trienniums April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2019 and April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2022.
The objective of the workshops was to ensure that stakeholders had a common understanding and interpretation of the provisions contained in the Collective Agreements. Additionally, the workshops provided participants with key guidelines on the effective implementation of the Collective Agreements, and also provided clarification on matters of concern.
Participants included Heads of Departments, Human Resource Officers, Accountants, as well as, trade union representatives from the St. Lucia Police Welfare Association, St. Lucia Correctional Services Welfare Association, Vieux-Fort General and Dock Workers Union, St. Lucia Medical and Dental Association, St. Lucia Teachers Union, and the St. Lucia Nurses Association.
The Collective Agreements are available online at http://www.govt.lc.
More General Stories
- Notice: Closure of Walcott House February 20, 2020
- Saint Lucians in British Army here for Independence February 20, 2020
- Public meeting on Traffic Circulation Plan February 20, 2020
- Mexico congratulates St Lucia on its 41st Anniversary of Independence February 19, 2020
- SLTU election of officers February 11, 2020
- Ministry of Commerce to host Valentine’s Day Showcase February 10, 2020
- Charting the path towards economic prosperity February 10, 2020