Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The Department of Sustainable Development plays a key role in environmental sustainability.
Given the Department’s mission to conserve and sustainably use the environment and all related aspects, continued efforts are being made to ensure that the country promotes environmental sustainability through the implementation of sustainable development initiatives.
One such initiative is the phased switch to biodegradable and compostable food service containers.
In the pursuit of collaborative environmental management and decision-making, the Department is conducting a survey of relevant commercial entities to determine the impact that a phase-out of Styrofoam food service containers would have on business operations.
Minister for Sustainable Development, the Honourable Dr. Gale Rigobert endorses this initiative and urges Saint Lucians “to consider the long-term implications of the continued use of Styrofoam on our fragile environment.”
Public participation and involvement in this process is paramount to the success and continued fight for social and economic sustainability in Saint Lucia. The general public is therefore implored to be a part of this process.
Meanwhile, respective entities are encouraged to complete the survey no later than Friday, February 23, 2018.
- BREAKING NEWS: Entrepot Secondary to remain closed until next week Tuesday October 23, 2019 7:13 PM
- Suspects in Dennery robbery were on bail for firearm charges: sources October 23, 2019 7:09 PM
- Soufriere men charged for killing policeman’s son, attempted murder of another male October 23, 2019 6:12 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Julian Bissette leads Romanian volleyball club to victory October 23, 2019 5:09 PM
- Teenagers arrested for Dennery man’s murder October 23, 2019 12:10 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM