Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The Department of Sustainable Development plays a key role in environmental sustainability.
Given the Department’s mission to conserve and sustainably use the environment and all related aspects, continued efforts are being made to ensure that the country promotes environmental sustainability through the implementation of sustainable development initiatives.
One such initiative is the phased switch to biodegradable and compostable food service containers.
In the pursuit of collaborative environmental management and decision-making, the Department is conducting a survey of relevant commercial entities to determine the impact that a phase-out of Styrofoam food service containers would have on business operations.
Minister for Sustainable Development, the Honourable Dr. Gale Rigobert endorses this initiative and urges Saint Lucians “to consider the long-term implications of the continued use of Styrofoam on our fragile environment.”
Public participation and involvement in this process is paramount to the success and continued fight for social and economic sustainability in Saint Lucia. The general public is therefore implored to be a part of this process.
Meanwhile, respective entities are encouraged to complete the survey no later than Friday, February 23, 2018.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM