Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia Labour Party continued its town hall meetings on Thursday, April 24, 2014, with a community meeting in Dennery North.
The meeting featured brief presentations from Prime Minister Dr. Kenny D. Anthony, deputy Prime Minister Philip J. Pierre, Parliamentary Representative for Dennery North Shawn Edward, as well as other ministers of government, who spoke on the work programme of their respective ministries.
Residents turned out in numbers to add their voices to discussions on the economy, developments in their constituency and to share views on matters related to specific sectors that impact their community directly.
The issue of a consistent and quality supply of water continues to remain at the forefront of the list of concerns of the Dennery North Community. Prime Minister Dr. Kenny D. Anthony, as well as Senator Dr. James Fletcher empathised with the residents and gave the assurance that the government will correct this issue before the end of its term in office.
Residents were updated on the Dennery and Vieux-Fort Water Redevelopment Projects that are currently underway.
Minister for Agriculture Moses Jn. Baptiste gave an update on the measures that have been implemented to assist farmers and fishers since being elected to office. Jn Baptiste also responded to the pronouncements that continue to emanate from the United Workers Party on the recently passed Agriculture and Fisheries Incentives Bill.
He informed the gathering that more plans will be unveiled in the 2014/2015 Budget, to empower and assist farmers.
Edward was highly commended by constituents for the work undertaken in his constituency thus far. While residents expressed that there are more needs to be fulfilled, they expressed satisfaction with the level of attention being paid to Dennery North.
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- Saint Lucia’s chief elections officer heads CARICOM observer mission to St. Kitts-Nevis
- Government removes controversial Tourism Levy Act from order paper
- Loans and VAT on Saint Lucia Parliament sitting agenda
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Justin Trudeau and Allen Chastanet discuss COVID-19
- SLP calls for collaboration to reverse ECCAA downgrade
- UWP commends Saint Lucia government for delivering
- Labour Day address to the nation by Hon Stephenson King