Share This On:
(SNO) – A Dennery man was swept away by the sea on Saturday and has not been seen since.
The man has been identified as Vincent Marcel.
Shawn Edwards, MP for the Dennery, wrote about the incident on his Facebook page.
According to Edwards, two men from Aux Lyons went fishing at Povert Point near Louvet beach.
According to him, unconfirmed reports suggest that one of the men fell into the very choppy Atlantic waters and was swept away.
The incident has since been confirmed by law enforcement officials.
According to Edwards, the missing man has not been seen since.
He said on Sunday search parties descended on the area hoping to locate the man.
“We came back empty handed,” he stated. “Let’s keep the brother and his family in our prayers…”
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM