Share This On:
(THE INDIAN EXPRESS) – Darren Sammy played a perfect April Fool’s Day prank with fans across the world by informing them that he was flying to Pakistan to be a part of Windies squad for the T20I series.
Sammy took to Twitter and put a post which read, “Can’t believe this I’m gonna be in the Maroon again.. heading to Pakistan…” “I thought it was over.. I guess it’s not,” he wrote. However, an hour later Sammy retracted his statement by revealing that it was a prank by stating -” I can’t keep this going…Sorry guys t was an April Fools Prank. Not going back in the maroon.”
However, the most interesting outcome of the post was the overwhelming support that Sammy received from fans when he announced his return. With his on-field heroics and off-field charisma the big man from St. Lucia has won over millions of fans in Pakistan. He was a fan favourite during the inaugural edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL).
Such is his following, that one fan even wrote on Twitter, “At least give him Pakistan’s nationality unreal love for our hero Darren Sammy Khan.”
Apologizing for his prank and acknowledging the widespread love, Sammy wrote, “I am sorry guys… but wow so many ppl want to see me back.”
In the recently concluded PSL, Sammy led the Peshawar Zalmi commendably but failed to win the trophy after his side was beaten in the finals by Islamabad United.
More Sports Stories
- West Indies fined for slow over-rate in Sri Lanka ODI defeat February 24, 2020
- A small team making a gigantic splash at the Uana Swimming Cup February 24, 2020
- Update on National Independence Tennis Tournament February 21, 2020
- Digicel SPLT2020 SPL4 fixtures February 21, 2020
- WIPA extends sympathies and best wishes to Oshane Thomas February 19, 2020
- Call for Congress of the Sports and Combat Sambo Federation Saint Lucia February 13, 2020
- National Independence Tennis Tournament 2020 February 11, 2020
- Digicel SPLT2020 draft February 11, 2020
- Five dynamic swimmers will take the plunge at UANA February 10, 2020