Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Daren Sammy, former West Indies captain and two-time T20 World Cup champion, will take the helm as captain of the new Brampton Wolves team during the Global T20 Canada league this summer.
Sammy, who last year captained the Toronto Nationals, says he is excited for this new chapter with a new team which includes other world-class international cricketers such as Wahab Riaz, Shahid Afridi and Canada’s star batsman Ntish Kumar.
The Saint Lucian is renowned for his strong leadership skills and ability to turn the underdog teams into winners. He led the West Indies team to two consecutive World Cup championships, in 2012 and 2016, after 33 years of the West Indies team not lifting the trophy. This result took the team to the global number one ranking.
All 22 matches in the second edition of the Global T20 Canada will be played in Brampton, Ontario, home of the Brampton Wolves.
There are a total of six teams in the league: the Edmonton Royals, Montreal Tigers, Toronto Nationals, Vancouver Knights and the Brampton Wolves.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM