Share This On:
(AP) – A dance teacher who appeared on a reality TV show has pleaded guilty in Tennessee to raping a teenage student and exposing him to the AIDS virus.
The Shelby County district attorney’s office said Tuesday that 30-year-old John Conner III avoided trial when he pleaded guilty to criminal exposure to HIV, statutory rape by an authority figure and solicitation of a minor.
Investigators say Conner was 26 when he had unprotected sex with a 16-year-old boy he met on social media.
Prosecutors say Conner did not tell the teen that he had HIV. The boy later tested positive for HIV.
Conner has appeared on the Lifetime show “Bring It.” His sentencing is scheduled on Dec. 20.
Conner has two other cases pending involving sexual partners ages 17 and 24.
More International News Stories
- Venezuela has less cash in its coffers than Jay-Z is worth January 22, 2020
- Man cleared of murder walks free after 28 years in prison January 22, 2020
- I want to apologise to the Queen, says Meghan’s father Thomas Markle January 22, 2020
- Screening in UK as 17 killed by ‘mutating’ coronavirus January 22, 2020
- US gets 1st case of mysterious new Chinese illness January 22, 2020
- US: Teacher pleads guilty to having sexual contact with her students January 22, 2020
- China warns virus may spread as death toll hits 9 January 22, 2020