Share This On:
ST JOHNS, Antigua — Cricket West Indies (CWI) announces the appointment of Mr. Imran McSood-Amjad, chairman and first CEO of NAGICO, as a new independent director.
Mr. McSood-Amjad’s appointment was ratified by the CWI Board of Directors in a Board meeting held on Tuesday, April 9, 2019.
Mr. McSood-Amjad joins CWI with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the insurance and motor industries. A self-made entrepreneur and philanthropist, Mr. McSood-Amjad and his Nagico Insurances organization have long had an active involvement in West Indies cricket, including NAGICO being a recent past sponsor of the West Indies Super50 Cup.
He is also chairman of Motorworld, Caribbean Auto and International Motors Ltd in St Maarten. His passion for cricket in the West Indies runs deep and he is the founder and current chairman of the St. Maarten Cricket Association.
Mr. McSood-Amjad has also been recognized for his longstanding and outstanding services to St Maarten’s society with the Order of Orange-Nassau, a Royal Decoration and recognition from the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
President Ricky Skerritt said: “We are delighted to welcome Mr. McSood-Amjad’s deep region-wide business experience and his undoubted passion for cricket to the CWI Board, where we know he will make valuable contributions to the growth and success of the West Indies to make cricket the heartbeat of the Caribbean.”
Mr. McSood-Amjad joins the Board and he expressed the honour he felt in receiving his new appointment: “It’s a privilege to be appointed to serve cricket across the whole of the region as we aim to strengthen West Indies cricket. Cricket makes such a difference to every community, country, player and fan and there is a genuine opportunity to make cricket stronger and continue to be the pride of the Caribbean.”
He added: “CWI must focus on all levels of cricket and work towards ensuring that the best and most disciplined players represent us at each level so as to become world leaders of the game once again. This would require a unified and astute approach to cricket coupled with financial vision for which I hope to bring added value.”
More Sports Stories
- ARC+ first arrival makes landfall in Saint Lucia December 4, 2019
- West Indies name squads for upcoming T20Is and ODIs against India November 28, 2019
- ARC 2019 sets sail November 26, 2019
- Gayle, 40, takes “break” from cricket November 26, 2019
- Saint Lucian named captain of Windies U19 cricket team November 25, 2019
- Afghanistan Cricket Board XI draw with West Indies – 3rd day November 22, 2019
- Brathwaite, Hetmyer get starts but Windies struggle vs Afghans November 21, 2019
- Jorja Mederick qualifies for U16 Masters Final November 20, 2019