Share This On:
The island’s latest homicide victim, Paul White of Cul de Sac, Castries, was allegedly chased and stabbed multiple times by three individuals following a dispute at a shop, according to a relative of the deceased.
The incident occurred after 8 p.m. on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 in Cul de Sac.
White’s blood-soaked body was discovered near the Buckeye terminal entrance and was pronounced dead on the scene by a medical practitioner, relatives and police said.
The victim’s niece told HTS: “As far as we have been told is that he was in a shop and there was a scuffle between him and some young men. He left and they chased him. He ran all the way to the end of the field on the other end. I mean they still chased him all the way over there. He was stabbed, he had a cut by his hand. So I don’t know. We just want to know exactly what happened because we were not there so we cannot say well this is what happened. We can only go based on what people are telling us. Well we were not expecting that because a lot of us saw him yesterday. A lot of our family members saw him yesterday. They spoke to him.”
She continued: “I had no issues with him. You can never tell for other people. When you are out there you can never tell, but for me, I had no issues with him. He is my uncle. I mean he is not somebody I would see every day. He doesn’t live that close to us.”
She said the family is taking the death hard because it was unexpected.
“For example, my mother saw him just yesterday morning and then by nightfall for them to tell her that he was killed. You know, how do you cope? How do you understand that somebody you just saw the morning they are calling you to tell you the person was killed. And I mean the way, the way he was killed. He’s running. He’s running away from you all. I mean at some point nobody can say well let’s …so one person cannot tell the other person let’s not do that or let’s leave him alone because he is running?”
Police said two men are in custody assisting with investigations, and that White’s death brings to three the number of homicides officially recorded for 2018, to date.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM