Share This On:
(CUBAMINREX-EMBACUBA ESTADOS UNIDOS) – On April 10-11, 2018, a technical exchange was held in Washington D.C. between authorities from Cuba and the United States on the cooperation in the field of Agriculture.
This meeting provided the opportunity to review the state of the implementation of the Framework Memorandum of Understanding on Agriculture and the Memorandum of Understanding on Animal and Plant Health signed by both countries. In particularly, both parties reviewed the compliance with the activities previously agreed upon, and analyzed the new actions proposed and other initiatives to give continuance to the technical exchanges.
The bilateral cooperation in this field benefits Cuban and U.S. farmers and helps promote the sustainability and development of agriculture, which are related to organic agriculture, soil management, water conservation, the prevention and treatment of plant pests and animal diseases, as well as to the actions for organic certification and seeds, among others.
The Cuban delegation was led by Moraima Céspedes Morales, Director for International Affairs at the Ministry of Agriculture, and composed of other officials of the ministries of Agriculture and Foreign Affairs. The U.S. delegation was led by John P. Passino, Director for Western Hemisphere at the U.S. Department of Agriculture and composed of other officials of that agency and of the Department of State.
The meeting was held in an ambiance of respect and professionalism. Both delegations shared the view to underscore the importance of maintaining the bilateral cooperation in these topics.
More Caribbean Stories
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Jamaica: Dengue Diary – My First Hand Experience With A Deadly Disease November 11, 2019
- Jamaica: Lotto Scam Victim Still Owed Near US$400K November 11, 2019
- Jamaica: Half the world’s women have a back-up man – study shows November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019