Share This On:
The Civil Service Association (CSA) is expressing happiness over the signed collective agreement with the St. Lucia Electricity Services Limited (LUCELEC) for the period 2011-2013 but is warning that future negotiations should not take that long.
The matter has been dragging on for six years with the CSA insisting on the inclusion of a 15-point grade structure in a schedule to the agreement that it says was agreed to.
It eventually ended up before the Labour Tribunal which ruled earlier this year that the 15-point grade structure should be included in the agreement.
Cyprian Montrope, president of the CSA, said that while staff members of LUCELEC, which the CSA represents, may have some smiles on their faces and they welcome the agreement, there are other outstanding periods to consider.
“While we welcome the signing of the 2011/2013 agreement, we would also like to encourage that six years do not elapse for the next set of negotiations we will be embarking with LUCELEC,” he pointed out.
LUCELEC Managing Director Trevor Louisy said over the past six years, despite the challenges, the two parties continued to dialogue as best as possible.
“The positive relations were maintained during the process,” he stated.
He said the signing gives both the CSA and LUCELEC the opportunity to sit down and negotiate for the trienniums 2014/2019.
“And I would even venture further that if there is a possibility that we look at a third triennium as well,” Louisy said.
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM