Share This On:
(SNO) — About three days after a local couple were robbed in Serenity Park, Castries, bandits attacked two German cruise ship visitors who had just exited the Park, according to law enforcement sources.
The tourists, a mother and her daughter, were attacked in Sans Souci, sometime between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, shortly after leaving Serenity Park, which has been the scene of a number of robberies and attempted robberies over the past months, according to sources.
The visitors sustained minor injuries when they tussled with the two bandits, one of whom tried to grab a pouch from the mother, according to sources.
The assailants were unsuccessful in getting the pouch as screams from the duo attracted attention from persons nearby. The visitors have since returned to the ship.
This incident comes in light of an attack on a local couple last Wednesday evening.
In that incident, a couple were robbed of their bag, phones, wallet, and other valuables at gunpoint around 7:30 p.m., sources said.
No one was injured as the couple reportedly complied with the bandits’ demands when the gun was pointed at the female’s head, according to sources.
- Prime Minister talks improvements in education January 27, 2020 9:37 AM
- Castries Mayor meets LGBTQ representatives January 27, 2020 9:17 AM
- Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash January 26, 2020 6:04 PM
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM