Share This On:
(SNO) — About three days after a local couple were robbed in Serenity Park, Castries, bandits attacked two German cruise ship visitors who had just exited the Park, according to law enforcement sources.
The tourists, a mother and her daughter, were attacked in Sans Souci, sometime between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, shortly after leaving Serenity Park, which has been the scene of a number of robberies and attempted robberies over the past months, according to sources.
The visitors sustained minor injuries when they tussled with the two bandits, one of whom tried to grab a pouch from the mother, according to sources.
The assailants were unsuccessful in getting the pouch as screams from the duo attracted attention from persons nearby. The visitors have since returned to the ship.
This incident comes in light of an attack on a local couple last Wednesday evening.
In that incident, a couple were robbed of their bag, phones, wallet, and other valuables at gunpoint around 7:30 p.m., sources said.
No one was injured as the couple reportedly complied with the bandits’ demands when the gun was pointed at the female’s head, according to sources.
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM