Share This On:
(SNO) — About three days after a local couple were robbed in Serenity Park, Castries, bandits attacked two German cruise ship visitors who had just exited the Park, according to law enforcement sources.
The tourists, a mother and her daughter, were attacked in Sans Souci, sometime between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, shortly after leaving Serenity Park, which has been the scene of a number of robberies and attempted robberies over the past months, according to sources.
The visitors sustained minor injuries when they tussled with the two bandits, one of whom tried to grab a pouch from the mother, according to sources.
The assailants were unsuccessful in getting the pouch as screams from the duo attracted attention from persons nearby. The visitors have since returned to the ship.
This incident comes in light of an attack on a local couple last Wednesday evening.
In that incident, a couple were robbed of their bag, phones, wallet, and other valuables at gunpoint around 7:30 p.m., sources said.
No one was injured as the couple reportedly complied with the bandits’ demands when the gun was pointed at the female’s head, according to sources.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff