Share This On:
(CMC) – A Fly Jamaica plane with more than 100 passengers on board made an emergency landing at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport (CJIA) early on Friday morning.
The 757 Boeing aircraft, was 45 minutes into the flight to Toronto, Canada when it encountered difficulties and the pilot deciding to return to the CJIA.
The aircraft came to a stop after having encountered a heavy bank of sand at the far end of the airstrip, where construction work on the expansion of the airport is being undertaken.
All the passengers have been evacuated and the police and security officials have since cordoned off the area.
(More to follow).
- UPDATE: Guardsman security guard fatally shot in Balata identified; firearm stolen October 18, 2019 6:50 PM
- Saint Lucian basketballer goes pro October 18, 2019 6:28 PM
- BREAKING NEWS: Security guard shot in Castries October 18, 2019 5:37 PM
- Sea Jays emerge victorius at Capri-Sun Short Course Nationals October 18, 2019 1:50 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM