Share This On:
(CMC) – A Fly Jamaica plane with more than 100 passengers on board made an emergency landing at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport (CJIA) early on Friday morning.
The 757 Boeing aircraft, was 45 minutes into the flight to Toronto, Canada when it encountered difficulties and the pilot deciding to return to the CJIA.
The aircraft came to a stop after having encountered a heavy bank of sand at the far end of the airstrip, where construction work on the expansion of the airport is being undertaken.
All the passengers have been evacuated and the police and security officials have since cordoned off the area.
(More to follow).
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM