Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The 2015 Carnival season is off to an early commencement as the Carnival Planning and Management Agency (CPMA) and the National Carnival Queen Pageant Committee announces the auditions for the prestigious National Carnival Queen Pageant 2015 which is scheduled for Saturday July 4th 2015.
Young ladies from across Saint Lucia between the ages of eighteen (18) to twenty‐three (23) are encouraged to be part of the newly revamped Pageant for 2015.
The auditions will be held on Sunday March 22, 2015 at the National Cultural Centre and will commence at 10:00 am.
Participants will be required to give a brief introduction of themselves and further appear in the segments of swimwear, talent, and evening gown and of course the interview segment.
Given the many opportunities which pageantry affords young ladies, both personal and professional, this year’s pageant promises to place a special emphasis on cultivating positive lifestyles, professionalism, developing various life skills and instilling leadership in young ladies.
The importance of volunteering and giving back to their communities and being part of a greater cause will also be incorporated through very creative and unconventional engagements and appearances.
The newly appointed Chairman of the National Carnival Queen Pageant Committee, Mr. Trevor King in commenting on the early announcement of auditions stated ‘there is such a great deal in store for contestants this year, from prizes to the experiences and invaluable training they will receive.
The objective of this year of revamping the pageant is to provide the young ladies with rigorous preparation which will also equally prepare them for regional and international opportunities that exist in the world of pageantry.
We therefore implore all young ladies within the age range and who are interested, to come be part of this experience.’ Registration Forms can be collected from the Cultural Development Foundation or Pageant Committee members.
Deadline for interested participants are invited to submit their applications by March 20th, 2015.
More Culture/History Stories
- Nobel Laureate Festival Celebrating Excellence: Vision 20/20 excels January 30, 2020
- Walcott Open House January 20, 2020
- Nobel Laureate Festival to launch, Wednesday January 6, 2020
- St. Lucian community in London gather for National Day December 13, 2019
- Valuing our heritage: Through the eyes of communities December 3, 2019
- Saint Lucia government to grow new ‘orange economy’ November 7, 2019
- Folk Research Centre gets assistance October 27, 2019
- Prize-giving ceremony for Kwéyòl Poetry Competition on today October 10, 2019
- Saint Lucia participates in Taiwan National Day celebrations October 9, 2019