Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) — A Canadian couple is receiving backlash from animal lovers after an image posted on social media showed them having a romantic kiss over the carcass of a massive lion they killed.
Darren and Carolyn Carter were pictured smooching in the image posted on a Facebook page belonging to trophy-hunting company Legelela Safaris, according to the Daily Mirror.
“Hard work in the hot Kalahari sun… well done. A monster lion,” read the caption on Facebook.
Social media users and critics of trophy hunting reacted with disgust at the celebratory image.
“I am thoroughly disgusted and appalled at these people,” one user wrote on Twitter. “This is all for sport and it is absolutely disgusting. This has to stop now!”
The incident was reminiscent of Cecil the Lion, a tourist attraction at Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe who was killed by a dentist from Minnesota.
The dentist, Walter Palmer, became infamous and the target of online threats, which nearly forced him to close his practice.
More International News Stories
- Nigeria is trying 47 men arrested in a hotel under its anti-gay laws December 12, 2019
- Santa hacker speaks to girl via smart camera December 12, 2019
- Chile missing plane: Human remains found, governor says December 12, 2019
- Saudi Aramco replaces Apple as world’s largest listed company December 12, 2019
- Chicago prosecutor to vacate 1,000 marijuana convictions December 12, 2019
- Sex criminal sentenced to life throws pitcher, hits judge in head December 12, 2019
- Pakistan protest: Patients die as lawyers ransack Lahore hospital December 12, 2019
- General election 2019: Voters head to polls across the UK December 12, 2019