(PRESS RELEASE) – The management of the St Lucia National Mental Wellness Centre is actively monitoring the COVID-19 developments.
The safety and well-being of the staff and patients are of paramount importance to us. With immediate effect and until further notice, we are making the following changes to our Out Patient Clinics and other operations to minimize person to person contact and to control the potential spread of COVID-19.
1. We are scaling down our services and are encouraging out patients to keep to their scheduled appointments to avoid overcrowding and to promote social distancing.
2. We will limit the number of patients to 10 inside of the Out Patient Clinic area at any given time.
3. Tents will be placed outside of the clinic area to accommodate the other waiting patients.
4. Each patient‘s temperature will be taken before entering the Clinic area.
5. A security officer will be at each of the doors of the Administrative Building to dispense hand sanitizer to each patient/customer who enters the building.
6. Visiting hours will be scaled down to a maximum of 15 minutes for each visitor and each patient will only be allowed 1 visitor, preferably one family member.
7. With effect from Wednesday, March 25, 2020 visiting hours will be from 4:00 p.m to 5:00 p.m. No children will be allowed.
These measures are necessary to ensure the safety of employees and our patients.
The management and staff of the St Lucia National Mental Wellness Centre would like to thank the general public for their understanding and cooperation as we work together to control the potential spread of COVID-19.