Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – Police have identified the young mother fatally stabbed inside her Queens home — the first homicide of 2018 — before her suspected killer husband committed suicide.
Stacy Loknath, 26 was found dead inside the home on 103rd Avenue near 113th street in Ozone Park around 2 p.m. on New Year’s Day. She was lying face-down with multiple stab wounds to her back, with a knife nearby, cops said.
The body of her husband, Vishwand Loknath, 42, was discovered earlier that day, around 12 p.m., hanging from a tree in Forest Park fewer than 2 miles from their home.
Authorities are investigating their deaths as an apparent murder-suicide.
The couple leaves behind two small children, officials said.
More International News Stories
- Magnitude 6.8 earthquake shakes eastern Turkey, 2 injured January 24, 2020
- Mosquito-killing fungus wins prestigious award January 24, 2020
- US confirms second case of China virus, 50 under investigation January 24, 2020
- Teen speaks out about moment needlefish speared him in the neck January 24, 2020
- China building a hospital to treat virus, expands lockdowns January 24, 2020
- China virus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 confirmed cases January 24, 2020