Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Nobel Laureate Week Committee (NLWC) recognising the growth of Nobel Laureate Week that celebrates St Lucia’s Nobel Laureates, has formally been renamed to the Nobel Laureate Festival 2017.
The name change accommodates the number of celebrations that span throughout the month of January.
The Committee has begun preparations for activities for 2017 and invites members of the public worldwide, to submit ideas for inclusion in the overall programme. Ideas and activities can be from the spoken word, dance, song, exhibitions and may use any medium.
The originators of the chosen ideas, will be invited to the Festival’s media launch at Government House in January 2017.
Chairperson of the Committee, Governor General, Her Excellency Dame Pearlette Louisy, also invites the public to submit the title for the general theme of the Festival which must include the words “Celebrating Excellence” as a prelude.
The Nobel Laureate Festival takes place from 16-28 January 2017 and is the 24th year that Sir William Arthur Lewis and Sir Derek Alton Walcott are acknowledged, especially in Saint Lucia, for receiving the Nobel Prize – Sir Arthur for Economics in 1979 and Sir Derek for Literature in 1992.
Submissions should be emailed to the NLWC co-ordinator Delia Dolor: [email protected]. The deadline for submissions is Monday 14 November 2016.
Visit Facebook page Nobel Laureate Week: Saint Lucia for updates, names of the themes of previous year’s and for information on previous year’s events.
More Culture/History Stories
- Nobel Laureate Festival Celebrating Excellence: Vision 20/20 excels January 30, 2020
- Walcott Open House January 20, 2020
- Nobel Laureate Festival to launch, Wednesday January 6, 2020
- St. Lucian community in London gather for National Day December 13, 2019
- Valuing our heritage: Through the eyes of communities December 3, 2019
- Saint Lucia government to grow new ‘orange economy’ November 7, 2019
- Folk Research Centre gets assistance October 27, 2019
- Prize-giving ceremony for Kwéyòl Poetry Competition on today October 10, 2019
- Saint Lucia participates in Taiwan National Day celebrations October 9, 2019