Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – In preparation for the reopening of the Construction Sector on Monday April 27, 2020, the Ministry of Infrastructure, Ports Energy and Labour encourages Quarry Operators, Producers of concrete, Contractors and Construction Firms to apply for permission to operate under the “Emergency Powers (Disasters)(COVID-19) (Curfew) No.6 Order”.
Qualifying Contractors and Firms will be mandated to operate in accordance with Part IV (Occupational Safety and Health) of the Labour Act Cap. 16.04 of the Revised Laws of Saint Lucia as well as national COVID-19 Protocols for the construction sector, established specifically to combat the current pandemic.
Application Forms and related information, are now available via the Government of Saint Lucia`s website govt.lc or by contacting the Department of Labour via email [email protected]
In keeping with the provisions of the Labour Act, the Department of Labour reserves the right to enter into and inspect any construction site or quarry to ensure compliance with the Laws of Saint Lucia.
The Ministry of Infrastructure, Ports, Energy and Labour looks forward to the support of all construction sector players, as Government moves towards the restoration of the economy in these uncertain times.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff