Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Government of Saint Lucia has once again approved concessions with regard to the importation of barrels at Christmas. Concessions are from the period November 15, 2018 to January 31, 2019.
The concessions on barrels are in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
-100% waiver of import duty on personal items, food, clothing, toys and other household consumables, contained in barrels. Electronics are explicitly excluded.
-The number of barrels qualifying for concessions is 2 per household.
-The upper limit on the value per barrel is EC $2,500.00 per barrel on the items qualifying for concessions.
-Qualifying items must be for personal use and not commercial use.
-The usual penalties and fines apply if the goods are used for commercial purposes.
The House of Parliament on October 30th 2018 approved to allow for the exemption of Value Added Tax (VAT) on all qualifying items (food, clothing, toys, household consumables, personal items) imported within barrels during this period.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM