Share This On:
(GIS) – A meeting of the National Health Security Committee was held on Feb. 7, at the Office of the Prime Minister, in an ongoing effort to keep relevant stakeholders updated on the coronavirus.
Of concern in Saint Lucia is the importation of meat and fish products from China. Ministry of Agriculture’s Chief Veterinary Officer, Dr. Auria King-Cenac, explained that Saint Lucia currently has no trade agreements with China regarding meat imports. Officer in Charge of Enforcement at the Customs and Excise Department, Kosygin Frederick, said Customs will continue to enforce current restrictions and inspection requirements on all meat imports into Saint Lucia, and that all imported meats have to be given the all clear by the Ministry of Agriculture.
As at February 9, there have been 37,558 coronavirus cases confirmed globally, with 2676 being new cases. China has confirmed a total of 37,251 cases, and a total of 812 deaths. Meanwhile there has been a total 307 confirmed cases of coronavirus spanning across 24 countries with one death. The public is urged by the Department of Health and Wellness to practice the standard recommendations to prevent the spread of viral infections which includes frequent washing of hands with soap and water, or using hand sanitizer where necessary.
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM