Share This On:
The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) today announced the competitor details of the inaugural CONCACAF Under-15 Championship, to be held in the Cayman Islands from August 14-25.
Twenty-two nations from across the region will participate in the tournament, an initiative of CONCACAF President Jeffrey Webb with a view towards strengthening the game at the youth levels among all of the Confederation’s members.
“We are proud to host such an impressive number of our member associations for this inaugural under-15 tournament, which will give the Confederation’s younger stars the chance to demonstrate their talents on a larger pan-regional stage,” said President Webb.
“It is our belief that supporting youth football by every possible means is fundamental to the widespread development of our sport across the region and the world. Through this tournament we hope to take an important further step towards assuring substantial opportunity for all of our Confederation’s youth.”
Participating teams in the inaugural under-15 event come from across the Caribbean and Central America, and include Aruba, the Bahamas, Belize, Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Puerto Rico, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Martin, St. Maarten, St. Vincent, Trinidad & Tobago, and the US Virgin Islands.
The competition will take place in three venues on Grand Cayman, with teams set to be divided into various groups. The top sides will qualify to a knockout round which will yield the regional champion at this level.
More Sports Stories
- DASH 2020 set for weekend launch January 21, 2020
- Hero CPL announces tournament’s economic impact on St Lucia January 21, 2020
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020
- West Indies U-19s all but qualify for semi-finals at World Cup January 20, 2020
- Simmons, Pollard, Bravo give West Indies series-levelling win January 20, 2020
- St Lucia Tennis Association to host first annual awards ceremony January 15, 2020
- 10th World ARC sets sail from Saint Lucia January 13, 2020