Share This On:
The bulk of the weekend’s gripping football action will be at the Philip Marcellin Grounds in Vieux Fort, with three games, including two finals.
At 4pm, the third-place match in the Vieux Fort South / Saint Lucia Football Association Re-Registration Tournament will see Stable Boys going up against Shamballa Shilloh.
Shamballah were crushed 7-0 by Platinum in the semifinals, with Noah ‘Lucky’ Nicholas getting on the scoresheet twice. Stable Boys were beaten 1-0 by W Mangue U.
Platinum and W Mangue U will play the VF South final from 6pm.
That match will be followed at 8:30 by the final of the SLFA Heineken Fantasy League, in which Vieux Fort North Arsenal will come up against Soufriere Bayern Munchen.
On Sunday, the action will be at the Marchand Grounds from 4pm, as the Philip J Pierre Tophy will be decided between former national champions Big Players and upstarts Flames United.
That game will be preceded by a third-place playoff betwixt Toughest and the Marchand Under-23 team, from 4pm.
Last week, in Division 2, La Cou Do beat Sandals SC 7-6 in sudden death penalties, after their final was tied 1-1 in regulation. La Cou Do played over 85 minutes with 10 men after losing a player to a red card just five minutes into the final.
The Plante’s Place Senior Football Competition concludes on Sunday at the Dennery Playing Field with the third-place playoff and the grand final.
From 5pm Wisdom 18 Plus will play White House in the third-place match. From 7:30, On The Rock Strikers will face Piton Travel Young Stars in the grand final.
More All News Stories
- CCC and NWU mend wounds with help of Labour Department February 27, 2020
- E. coli gut infection linked to bowel cancer February 27, 2020
- T&T expands coronavirus travel restrictions February 27, 2020
- PAHO calls for stepped up preparedness for Coronavirus February 27, 2020
- Guyana begins search for company to market its crude February 27, 2020
- Guyana: Teenager found guilty of raping boy, 7 February 27, 2020