Share This On:
(SNO) – Parts of a derelict wooden house collapsed early Monday morning in Choiseul, according to a resident.
The incident occurred minutes to 6 a.m., according to a resident who provided with us photos of the house, which is located near the police station in Choiseul.
Though no one was injured, someone almost became a victim.
“This morning a big part of the house fell in the road. It almost fell on a man that was going to put garbage by the road. When people hear the loud noise they went to see but no one got hurt.”
The resident further claimed that the presumed owner of the building had been told to break the structure down before it collapsed unexpectedly and hurt someone.
Many persons, including children, have to pass the derelict house to reach their homes, according to the resident.
The house has been abandoned for a long time now.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM