Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – For the third consecutive year, Staff members of Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa will benefit from the annual Common Entrance Scholarship Awards Programme.
This year the Scholarship awards which is being spearheaded by the hotel’s Sports & Social Committee is providing bursaries to two staff members whose children qualified under the criteria established for the programme.
The awards are granted to the children of staff members who registered the top two highest scores and to another who falls under the criteria of “needy”.
Based on the applications received this year, two scholarships were awarded to staff members from the Kitchen and Projects Departments respectively. The beneficiary students will be attending: the St Joseph’s Convent and the Vieux Fort Comprehensive Secondary School.
Cheques valued at EC $1500.00 each were handed over to the two awardees during a brief ceremony on Thursday, 18th, August, 2015 held at the hotel. The scores recorded for the two top performers this year were: 88.33 and 90.67 percent respectively.
The Annual Common Entrance Scholarship Award is geared towards assisting qualifying parents/students in meeting the initial cost of Secondary School Education. The Scholarship Award is among many privileges which staff at Coconut Bay benefits from.
Other benefits include: Bereavement benefit of EC $500.00 for death of immediate relative in addition to provision of snacks for funeral reception and compassionate leave of three days with pay; a Group Insurance scheme for the benefit of staff members; provision of staff loans for education and health needs; discounted day passes and approved overnight accommodation among others.
The hotel is committed to continuation of the Common Entrance Scholarship Award as an annual undertaking.
- Defensive driving classes now online — SALCC South Campus
- Training for Saint Lucia government employees
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools
- St. Jude impasse: HR manager to be sent on administrative leave — NWU
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- SALCC teaches English to Cuban medical personnel
- Britain pushing US to form 5G club of nations to cut out Huawei