Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa has awarded bursaries for the second year to three staff members under its annual Common Entrance Scholarship Awards Programme.
The awards were granted to the children of staff members who registered the top two highest scores and to another who falls under the criteria of “needy”.
The beneficiaries for this year’s programme emanated from the Kitchen, Purchasing/Stores and Housekeeping Departments respectively.
The student in question will be attending: Micoud Secondary, Vieux Fort Comprehensive Secondary and Choiseul Secondary Schools.
Each of the three Awardees were issued cheques of EC $1500.00. The cheques were handed out during a brief ceremony on Thursday, 20th, August, 2015 held at the hotel.
The scores recorded for the two top performers were: 85.33 and 80.67 percent respectively.
This year marked the second cycle of the scholarship award programme which was inaugurated last year. The Common Entrance Scholarship Award is one of many privileges which staff at Coconut Bay benefits from.
- St. Lucia: Common Entrance delayed, Minimum Standard Tests cancelled due to COVID-19
- UWI Open Campus training regional educators to deliver courses online
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting on early grade reading, enhanced within the OECS
- CWCF provides Flow Study Program free for all students until June 15 in response to COVID-19
- Education Officials in the OECS take action to address COVID-19
- CXC announces strategy for May/June examinations
- Coronavirus: Closure of all libraries and ICD Centres
- Local writer releases free COVID-19 stories for kids