Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa has awarded bursaries for the second year to three staff members under its annual Common Entrance Scholarship Awards Programme.
The awards were granted to the children of staff members who registered the top two highest scores and to another who falls under the criteria of “needy”.
The beneficiaries for this year’s programme emanated from the Kitchen, Purchasing/Stores and Housekeeping Departments respectively.
The student in question will be attending: Micoud Secondary, Vieux Fort Comprehensive Secondary and Choiseul Secondary Schools.
Each of the three Awardees were issued cheques of EC $1500.00. The cheques were handed out during a brief ceremony on Thursday, 20th, August, 2015 held at the hotel.
The scores recorded for the two top performers were: 85.33 and 80.67 percent respectively.
This year marked the second cycle of the scholarship award programme which was inaugurated last year. The Common Entrance Scholarship Award is one of many privileges which staff at Coconut Bay benefits from.
More Youth/Education Stories
- Applications open for Education Quality Improvement Project (EQuIP) November 8, 2019
- Sir Ira Simmons, Bocage Secondary schools closed until Monday November 6, 2019
- Saint Lucia implements anti-violence project in primary schools November 5, 2019
- Saint Lucia hosts regional secondary schools drama festival November 5, 2019
- Three schools close early due to “inadequate teacher supervision” November 4, 2019
- Anti-violence campaigns for three Saint Lucian primary schools October 27, 2019