Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Over seventy (70) elderly residents from Comfort Bay Senior Citizens Home and the wider Vieux Fort community were recipients of a special luncheon treat on Friday 23rd, February, 2018.
The luncheon was staged in commemoration of the 39th anniversary of Saint Lucia’s Independence and was undertaken as a collaboration between Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa and Vieux Fort South Constituency Council.
This year’s Independence Luncheon marked the third occasion that Coconut Bay was providing support for this activity organized by the Vieux Fort South Constituency Council. During last Friday’s activity, the senior citizens were treated to a tasty meal served by Coconut Bay staff members. The Independence treat also included a “praise and worship” session as well as an entertainment segment featuring a musical band from the south of the island.
Government Minister responsible for Local Government & Culture, Sen. Hon. Fortuna Belrose was on hand to greet and interact with the senior citizens. Also present was Mrs. Orricia Denbow-Bullen, Mayor of Vieux Fort South.
Coconut Bay is pleased to be given the opportunity to collaborate with the Vieux Fort South Constituency Council to honor and treat our elderly citizens in celebration of Saint Lucia’s 39th anniversary of nationhood. We recognize the contribution that many of these persons have made towards the benefits that we all enjoy today.
Support for the elderly as a social sector is reflected as a priority area in the hotel’s sponsorship policy and corporate social outlook.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019
- ECCB awards CIBC FirstCaribbean 2019 Bank of the Year – Customer service November 19, 2019
- CSA happy over collective agreement with LUCELEC but … November 19, 2019
- Closure of office November 18, 2019
- Bay Gardens Resorts wins ninth Saint Lucia Business Award November 18, 2019
- LUCELEC and CSA sign collective agreement for Grade 1 employees November 18, 2019
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019