Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa Football Team – “C Bay Hard Nuts” continued their dominance of the 2016 SLHTA National Football Competition when they defeated St James Morgan Bay 2-0 in a Quarter Finals match played at the La Clery Playing Field over the weekend, on Saturday, 24th, September.
This latest victory was the seventh straight win for the “C Bay Hard Nuts” in the national competition is currently underway.
Goals during Saturday’s match were scored by Erskin Holder in the 43rd minute and in the second half by Garvin Alphonse who scored in the 85th minute.
This Quarter finals victory by the “C Bay Hard Nuts” adds to a trail of complete domination of the SLHTA competition by the boys from the south. Along their path of domination the Coconut Bay Hard Nuts Football team has recorded the following feats:
- The only team to have won all of its matches in the competition.
- The team with the most goals scored. Nineteen from seven matches.
- Individual player scoring the most goals, i.e. Garvin Alphonse – five out of seven matches.
- Team conceding the lowest number of goals, i.e. three.
Coconut Bay Hard Nuts Football team continue their rigorous training regime as they prepare to meet St Lucia Distillers on Wednesday, 5th, October, 2016 commencing 6:00 pm at the Soufriere Mini Stadium.
The team is determined to continue their domination and to uphold their unbeatable record throughout the competition. The Hard Nuts technical and coaching teams have set a goal of registering a clean sweep as they have their sights firmly fixed on hoisting the competition championship trophy for the SLHTA 2016 National Football Competition.
More Sports Stories
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019
- Saint Lucian basketballer goes pro October 18, 2019
- Sea Jays emerge victorius at Capri-Sun Short Course Nationals October 18, 2019
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019
- El Salvador beat Saint Lucia in Concacaf Nations League action October 15, 2019
- SLHTA to welcome home Saint Lucia’s gold medallist Levern Spencer October 14, 2019