Share This On:
Comfort Bay Senior Citizens Home will be the venue of a grand luncheon treat for over 150 senior citizens from the town of Vieux Fort and residents of the Home.
The event which is being staged in commemoration of our nation’s 35th is a collaborative venture between Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa and the Vieux Fort South Constituency Council. Coconut Bay in responding to a request from the Council has agreed to provide meals for approximately 150 elderly persons which will comprise the clients of the Home. This collaboration makes it possible for the Council to stage this event for a second year.
The luncheon treat will see the active participation of Coconut Bay staff who will be engaged in serving and providing good cheer to the elderly. The Hotel’s Executive Chef Veejooruth Purmessur will lead the contingent from the hotel.
Hotel General Manager Mark Hawken has expressed the hotel’s pleasure in providing support for this initiative.
He stated: “We are very mindful of the contributions which these elderly folk have made to nation building, we feel honoured and obligated to extend appreciation and love to them”.
A contingent comprising Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa management and staff last visited the Senior Citizens Home on December 10, 2013 during which time they entertained the elderly with Christmas Carols and donated a number of hampers.
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff
- 1.5 million Caribbean jobs expected to be lost due to COVID-19 — ILO
- St Lucia photographer Kirk Elliott launches FREE Virtual Photo Tour
- Saint Lucian cultural activist says working from home increased her creative juices (+video)
- Sagicor launches plan for frontline ‘heroes’
- Caribbean Association of Banks appoints new director
- Digicel’s US$1.7-billion debt restructuring deal amounts to default: Moody’s
- Export Saint Lucia, gov’t say local businesses experience growth after overseas Mission
- WLBL and SLD urge Saint Lucian consumers to drink responsibly