Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The St. Lucia MET Services and the National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO) have indicated that St. Lucia is expected to get some heavy rainfall on Thursday September 13 into Friday September 14, 2018.
While St. Lucia is not under Tropical Storm Watch or Warning the Department of Education, Innovation and Gender Relations in consultation with MET Services and NEMO have decided to take precautionary measures and wish to inform that all schools will be closed on Thursday 13 September 2018.
An announcement will be made as it relates to the reopening of schools on Friday and persons are asked to listen for OFFICIAL announcements on the media.
Persons are asked to stay informed and remain safe as we prepare for heavy rains associated with the weather system.
- West Indies beat India by eight wickets in ODI December 15, 2019 7:51 PM
- Suspected suicide in Laborie December 15, 2019 12:05 PM
- Man in gruesome Bexon chopping video identified December 14, 2019 9:58 PM
- Jamaica’s Toni-Ann Singh crowned Miss World 2019 December 14, 2019 8:19 PM
- Saint Lucia launches horse racing; Casting Crowns wins USD150K DSH Pitons Cup December 14, 2019 3:28 PM
- St. Lucian community in London gather for National Day December 13, 2019 2:54 PM
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM