Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The St. Lucia MET Services and the National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO) have indicated that St. Lucia is expected to get some heavy rainfall on Thursday September 13 into Friday September 14, 2018.
While St. Lucia is not under Tropical Storm Watch or Warning the Department of Education, Innovation and Gender Relations in consultation with MET Services and NEMO have decided to take precautionary measures and wish to inform that all schools will be closed on Thursday 13 September 2018.
An announcement will be made as it relates to the reopening of schools on Friday and persons are asked to listen for OFFICIAL announcements on the media.
Persons are asked to stay informed and remain safe as we prepare for heavy rains associated with the weather system.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM