Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Ministry of Education, Innovation, Gender Relations and Sustainable Development acknowledges the unfortunate events of Thursday 21st, November, 2019 when bomb threats resulted in schools in the city center being evacuated.
Given the gravity of the situation and in an effort to ensure the safety of students and staff, the Ministry has been in active dialogue with the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force (RSLPF), and they have advised that the investigation is ongoing and that leads are vigorously being pursued. Further, the RSLPF has given the assurance that schools within the City are deemed safe for the continuation of instruction and learning. Parents and other stakeholders are therefore advised that school resumes on Monday 25th November, 2019. The Ministry will continue to monitor and provide the necessary support towards the maintenance of safety and security of those placed in its care.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM