Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The City Police Department will in the coming days launch its three-digit toll-free emergency phone line.
The number, which is meant for reporting criminal activities such as burglary, vandalism and other general inquiries will be made public after an official launch next week.
His Worship, Mayor Peterson D. Francis says that the introduction of the new service is aimed at reducing the pressure on the 999 system, as well as making it easier for the public to pass on information.
According to Mayor Francis, the new operation will also allow City Police Officers to quickly respond to incidents taking place within Castries.
“It is very significant we move in that direction as more people want the ability to report crime. It is an alternative to the 999 system we have become accustom to and we’re hoping that genuine emergencies are reported to the City Police. This new operation is part of a process that we are trying to improve, hence making a better service available to the citizens, residents and visitors within the city of Castries.”
The emergency phone line will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with the phone system being a caller ID system.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM