Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — CIBC today announced that they have reached agreement on the purchase of a portion of CIBC’s shares in its Caribbean entity, FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited by GNB Financial Group Limited.
GNB will purchase 66.73% of the shares of FirstCaribbean, subject to the approval of local regulators, while CIBC will retain a 24.9% interest in the Caribbean bank.
“FirstCaribbean is a strong, well-performing business that continues to grow across the region. FirstCaribbean remains laser focused on delivering on its strategy – providing its clients with first class service through a modern everyday banking experience and providing its employees with the best possible work experience,” said Colette Delaney, CEO, FirstCaribbean.
“FirstCaribbean will remain the strong entity it is today, committed to servicing its clients in the region,” said Jaime Gilinski, chairman of GNB Financial Group Limited. “I have been impressed by the strength and stability of FirstCaribbean and am excited about its prospects for the future.”
GNB is wholly owned by Starmites Corporation S.ar.L, the financial holding company of the Gilinski Group.
The Gilinski Group has banking operations in Colombia, Peru, Paraguay, Panama, and Cayman Islands with approximately US$15 billion in combined assets.
FirstCaribbean is one of the largest regionally listed financial services institutions in the English and Dutch speaking Caribbean with US$11.5 billion in assets and market capitalization of US$2.1 billion, as at July 31, 2019.
FirstCaribbean also has a representative office in Hong Kong providing business development, relationship management and fund administration.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM