Share This On:
(WFAA) — A Carmel church is making good on their promise to pay off people’s medical debt.
Northview Church said they were actually able to help more people than they originally thought. They partnered with RIP Medical Debt, which buys debt for pennies on the dollar.
Together, they were able to pay off $7.8 million worth of medical bills for nearly 6,000 families in 10 communities.
Originally, the church was hoping to pay off $2 million in debt with the $20,000 they raised, but then other churches got involved to help with the cause.
- Loans and VAT on Saint Lucia Parliament sitting agenda
- DID YOU KNOW 26 St. Lucians died when HMS Good Hope was sunk in battle in 1914?
- ‘Eager anticipation’ for St Lucia T10 cricket tournament later this month: Henry
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Non-NIC contributors to benefit from ‘Income Support Programme’
- Tropical Depression 3 forms in the Gulf on first day of Atlantic hurricane season
- China and Iran criticise US over its racism problems
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”
- Saint Lucia public urged to be vigilant as hurricane season officially begins