Share This On:
(SNO) – The young man of Caffiere, Choiseul, who reported to police that he was shot by a masked gunman while searching for cashew nuts, may have shot himself accidentally while playing with his gun.
That’s one of the theories police say they are working on after trying to make sense of his disjointed report.
“His report does not make sense. It’s not logical…,” Inspector Marcellinus Leonce of the Vieux-Fort Police Station told this reporter.
Leonce said the victim was shot by a Glock firearm.
The 20-year-old, who is not a license firearm holder, was shot in his left leg at Caffiere on Sunday about 12 noon. He is currently at St. Jude Hospital in stable condition.
According to hospital sources, the victim’s story does not add up and does not sound credible.
Residents of Caffiere, who know the victim, say they too do not believe he was shot by anyone.
“I am convinced that he was not shot by anyone. I believe he shot himself…” a resident said.
And if he was indeed shot, “why would would someone shoot you for cashew nuts?” one other resident asked. “Something doesn’t add up.”
According to another source, the victim had also claimed that he was injured by a sharp piece of wood.
- Prime Minister assures former Majestic Industries workers that their request will be granted December 9, 2019 3:28 PM
- Cellma training at OKEU December 9, 2019 12:44 PM
- Jade Mountain food gets top French honors December 9, 2019 9:30 AM
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM