Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – A cricket tournament is being organised in Choiseul which seeks to motivate the players and excite the fans called the Choiseul Smash.
The tournament brings franchise cricket to local cricket where each team will have an owner. Persons interested in playing register to be placed in the draft pool.
12 local players are then put on auction where owners bid on the players they wish to represent them. The auction took place on Saturday the 18th of January.
This saw Galvaro picking up Craftmasters wicket batsman Jason Simon and Craftmasters Captain Bronte Bess.
Stitchy won Craft masters opening batsman Junior Henry and Craft masters spinner Alvinous Simon.
Kehls outbidded the rest to secure Craft masters All rounder Vince Smith and Craft masters opening bowler Shanaii Mesmain.
Choiseul Cricket bought Soufriere Stumpers All rounder Sanjay Pamphile and Craft masters other opening pacer who bowled the final over of the final against South Castries Lion Clem St.Rose in the 2019.
On Sunday the 19th players registered in the draft pool show cased their skill in an orama seeking to impress the owners to secure a pick in the draft to be held on the 31st of January.
Sunday the 26th will see players get a second chance to impress owners in an orama at Debrieul .
We are also have the 1st ever local fantasy league where the winner receives $1000 cash. Registration is only $5 persons can register their team at http://choiseulsmash.funtasycricket.co.uk
Persons can also pay offline. Inbox us at Choiseul Smash on FB and Instagram to discuss payments.
- New US indictment against Warner in FIFA bribe scandal
- Former Saint Lucian athlete Carlyle Martial dies from coronavirus in New York
- Jamaica: Racers Grand Prix 2020 postponed
- French football club doctor ‘commits suicide’ after coronavirus diagnosis
- Kobe Bryant heads 2020 Hall of Fame honorees
- West Indies U19 tour to England postponed
- Champions League and Europa League suspended “until further notice”
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since WWII