Share This On:
(SNO) — Two children, ages three and seven, were hospitalised in stable condition for first degree burns and smoke inhalation as a result of a house fire on Upper Victoria Street, Soufriere on Wednesday, Dec. 19, according to sources.
The fire broke out around midnight in the mainly concrete house, but it was extinguished by residents before firemen arrived, sources said.
The older victim is reported to have rescued her sibling after the heat woke her up.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM
- Foreign national tests negative for coronavirus February 12, 2020 9:43 PM