Share This On:
(SNO) — Two children, ages three and seven, were hospitalised in stable condition for first degree burns and smoke inhalation as a result of a house fire on Upper Victoria Street, Soufriere on Wednesday, Dec. 19, according to sources.
The fire broke out around midnight in the mainly concrete house, but it was extinguished by residents before firemen arrived, sources said.
The older victim is reported to have rescued her sibling after the heat woke her up.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 5:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM