Share This On:
(JAMAICA GLEANER) — The police are reporting that five persons remain in hospital receiving treatment following a gun attack at a medical facility on Deanery Road in Vineyard Town, St Andrew today.
Among those injured is a child.
A man who was fatally shot is yet to be identified.
The police say they are looking into several leads at the investigations intensify.
The shooting appears to be an escalation of the ongoing feud between rival gangs in the Mountain View area, sources say.
It is reported that about 10:00 a.m. the man took his female companion to get medical treatment at the doctor’s office, which is located beside the St Theresa Preparatory School.
It’s further reported that a short time later a gunman entered the medical facility, pulled a firearm and opened fire on a man before escaping.
He reportedly died on the spot.
In the aftermath of the incident, it was discovered that five other peoples, including the minor, were also shot.
They were assisted to hospital.
More Jamaica News Stories
- Jamaica: Vendors using obeah to get sales February 28, 2020
- Statement from Jamaica on coronavirus February 28, 2020
- Jamaica: School bus operator charged with rape, grievous sexual assault February 27, 2020
- Cruise ship turned away by Jamaica amid virus fears docks in Mexico February 27, 2020
- Jamaican is Forbes’ Employee of the Year worldwide February 27, 2020
- Jamaica: Man who was on most wanted list freed of murder February 26, 2020
- Jamaica: Seven cops in traffic accidents in five days February 26, 2020