Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) — Instead of telling babies to say “cheese” for the camera, people on Twitter are now literally throwing slices of cheddar at them.
The quirky Twitter trend, which has been called the “cheesed challenge,” was started by user @unclehxlmes on Thursday.
He uploaded a video of himself approaching his toddler brother while holding an ominous slice of cheese. In a scene that could be described as a low-budget Hitchcock film, the seemingly terrified baby braces himself as his older brother flings the dairy product on his face.
“Just cheesed my lil brother,” @unclehxlmes wrote.
The video has shot to stardom online, garnering more than 8.3 million views.
And the clip has inspired other followers to start throwing cheese at their babies, and viewers critiqued the poster’s dairy-flinging abilities and the tot’s reactions.
Meanwhile, the original clip shared to Twitter by @unclehxlmes has since been removed from the platform.
- UPDATE: George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus in April, full autopsy reveals
- Snapchat stops promoting Donald Trump’s account
- Police plea for help as German suspect revealed in Madeleine McCann disappearance
- Russia: President Putin declares state of emergency after Arctic Circle oil spill
- Brazil looks to reopen despite record coronavirus deaths
- Gambia demands probe after US police shoot dead diplomat’s son
- All cops involved in George Floyd’s deadly arrest are now in custody
- George Floyd had ‘violent criminal history’ says Minneapolis police union chief
- US: Sister of suspected ISIS terrorist shot dead while trying to stab cop