Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – After what seemed like an eternity, the popular comedy group, Ché Campeché, will return to induce healthy laughter from the people of Soufriere.
The activities of Creole Heritage Month this year will receive another culturally-themed addition in the picturesque town of Soufriere with a theatrical performance by the internationally-famous local theatre group Ché Campeché.
On October 5 Morne Coubaril will be the venue for the most recently-acclaimed production, Bél Flé San Lòdé, which when translated in English means “Beautiful Flower without Scent”.
The extremely popular theatrical group has gained much admiration for their bilingual deliveries done in English and French Creole. It was founded in the late ’80s and the name Ché Campeché is a derivative of a French word for a local hardwood called Campeché and Ché translated into heart. The group has enjoyed performances in numerous countries including England, the US, and several Caribbean islands.
One of the organizers for the event, Mr. Malcolm Mathurin, remarked that the group has been famous for their wit and their ability to incite laughter from persons who have had the opportunity to be present at their performances.
“We just thought that in a world of increasing tensions and constant anxiety, it would be appropriate to bring quality comic relief to Soufriere,” Mathurin said.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM